Are you a Sales Professional looking to take your career to the next level?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with sales management expertise to promote, sell, and secure new business by understanding customer needs and calling on those customers. Develop relationships and business both with established accounts and new opportunities, including dealers, distributors, retailers, specifiers, and end-users. Must manage the success of the region to maximize profitable sales growth. Prepare information or other tasks as may be assigned by sales management. Positions available are based in Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA or Chicago, IL.
- Effectively service existing accounts and establish new accounts by smart planning and organizing of daily work schedule to call on current and potential sales opportunities.
- Meet sales objectives of the region.
- Must demonstrate continual success pursuing and securing new accounts.
- Keep management informed of all worthy sales contacts by submitting call information each week in Sales and Marketing system.
- Monitor competition and gather, on an on-going basis, current marketplace information, including pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, programs, merchandising, and other information that may be helpful.
- Educate dealer/distributor personnel on our products and how to sell them.
- Prepare a resourceful annual region sales plan and effectively execute it.
- Recommend changes to be made in our products, services, and policies to management based on in-field feedback and observations.
- Resolve customer issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, resolving complaints, and/or preparing reports.
- Assist in marketing research activity as requested by management.
- Support other Peerless sales people and associates while in the field.
- Use proper company forms and procedures for all administrative functions.
- Treat customers, end-users, and Peerless associates with dignity, respect, and good communication.
- Extensive travel (80%) required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- At least 5 years in Outside Sales or related position experience.
- Established relationships in Pro A/V and CE industries.
- Effective writing skills, excellent communication and listening skills.
- Effective sales presentation skills.
- Self-motivation, with high energy and a strong work ethic.
- Well-developed people skills.
- Good judgment, positive mental attitude.
- Effective knowledge of the use of computers from remote locations.
- Demonstrated pattern of success in sales career.
- Effective sales management skills.
- Strategic sales planning skills.
- High personal integrity in work and social interactions.
Peerless Industries is a mid-sized manufacturing company headquartered in west suburban Chicago with international operations.
We offer stability, competitive pay, plus outstanding benefits, including health plan with eye and dental care, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, education reimbursements and a friendly, progressive work environment. Send your resume with salary history to:
Peerless Industries, Inc.
Attn: HR/Reg Sales Mgr
2300 White Oak Circle
Aurora, IL 60502
Visit us at www.peerless-av.com
Equal Opportunity Employer