DIGITAL SIGNAGE IN EDUCATION & PUBLIC SPACES
K-12 Schools and Universities can enjoy significant benefits from the use of a Digital Signage network. In addition to improved communications with students, faculty and visitors, revenue generation opportunities are available through sponsored content and campus-approved advertising.
The applications of signage on campus are truly limitless. We see new innovative uses for digital displays each day as universities strive to use technology to connect with students and reduce the use of paper.
- Athletic Hall of Fame
- Displays allow programs to share the history, chronicle the journey to championships, and recognize the accomplishments of athletes and coaches.
- Business School Finance Lab
- To help simulate Wall Street on campus, today’s leading business schools are creating mock trading rooms, leveraging the latest LED stock tickers, video walls, and digital displays to show the market activity and trends. Check out these university finance lab interviews for more information about the benefits of this application.
- Campus Communications
- Each college campus has distinct needs to communicate with students, regarding club news, department highlights, upcoming events and much more. Large format displays help to bring life to this content and ensure it is updated in real-time.
- Donor Recognition
- Every university relies on generous donations from distinguished alumni and business partners to help improve programs. Interactive displays enable universities to show media such as photos or video to tell stories and recognize gifts.
- Each campus is a complex maze of buildings. Touch enabled kiosks allow guests and visitors to quickly find what they are looking for and the best route to get there. Video
DIGITAL SIGNAGE BENEFITS ON CAMPUS
- Broadcast emergency notifications and alerts
- Reduce paper clutter and create a more state-of-the-art atmosphere
- Schedule content to communicate messages at the proper time and location
- Integrate event schedules and information
- Display social media updates and live data for news, weather, scores, and more
SAMPLE CONTENT DESIGNS
CASE STUDIES, ARTICLES AND OTHER RESOURCES
- National September 11 Memorial & Museum | BrightSign
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology – Campus Communications Digital Signage | Capital Networks
- Campus Centre at New Westminster Campus of Douglas College Video Wall Installation Project | Peerless-AV
2012 Case study from Intel featuring Rise Display, Axiomtek, and Sherlock Systems
- High School in Brooklyn Has Its Very Own Trading Floor
by Daniel Goodman and Lisa Du (May 2012)
- LeMoyne Gets Campus-Wide Tech Upgrade
by D. Craig MacCormack (January 2012)
- Campus Dynamic Signage Networks
by Lyle Bunn (April 2011)
- Education Industry Roundtable
by Platt Retail Institute (November 2011)
- Coppell School District – Kramer Electronics