DSF PRESS RELEASES
We are excited to announce that DSF board member, co-founder of HighStreet Collective Retail and digital signage guru Laura-Davis Taylor will be continuing the popular #DSFLive interview series with rAVe [PUBS] at InfoComm 2019, June 12-14.
Laura will walk the show floor to conduct interviews with exhibitors that have interesting and innovative digital signage products and solutions to help showcase the buzz-worthy booths. Newsflash: THIS ISN’T PAY FOR PLAY! Our only goal is to help tell the story and highlight the most noteworthy digital signage products and solutions at the show.
Interested in submitting your product for consideration? Fill out the survey linked below and Laura will review it and get back to you. All the interviews will be published on our InfoComm 2019 MicroSite and are brought to you by rAVe [NOW], the Digital Signage Federation and of course, Laura Davis-Taylor.
Submit your product here.
Authored by Rise Vision- DSF Member
Are libraries really needed? That’s the question James White, M.Ed asked as he stood at the doorway of their large but unused library space.
White, who has been President of Marquette Catholic High School for over five years, wasn’t against libraries. On the contrary, he believes that books were essential to learning. What White was really questioning was if libraries were supposed to be about learning, but no one was learning in the space, then was it really the best use of the area?
White began to create a plan to reinvent books and learning at the library. It started with moving the books online. Every student at the school received an iPad, and now had access to thousands of books at their fingertips.
With the books removed, the open space was used in an innovating way. White understood that students learn best in a hands-on environment. He looked at the space and decided that if his school had a chemistry lab, then why couldn’t it have a finance lab.
The result was nothing short of state of the art. LED tickers draped the walls, and two digital displays showed a large marketwall. The computer lab doubled as finance workstations with the latest simulation software. Each semester, Marquette has about eight business classes in the lab.
The result? It’s in the data: 75% of the students are taught at a college level, and about 70% of the students that take a course in the lab will go into the finance field.
The finance lab has helped the school recruit some of the best educators in the country. While White got some push-back for removing the library, it has now become a hallmark of his school; it shows anyone visiting that Marquette stops at nothing when it comes to investing in their students future.
- 8:00 – 9:00– Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:50 – Program Presentation
- 10 am – 11:00 – Optional Connected House tours & Networking
Program – “Digital in Dining”
Menu boards, kiosks, and interactive customer experiences. Join us for an expert panel to hear about the part these technologies are playing in the in-restaurant experience. Presenters include:
- Solange Bernard – Senior Manager of Media, CRM & Partnerships, McDonalds Canada
- Gajen Indrakumaran – Director, Digital Technologies, Aramark
- Marcos Terenzio – VP Creative & Strategy, iGotcha Media
For help with registration please contact email@example.com.
Retailers need to be ahead of the game as they are currently facing many challenges from online and discount retailers. DSF Member, Signagelive, has created a video showing how retail digital signage has a major role to play to increase commercial results.
Digital signage can help to provide an effective digital retail strategy. Retailers are investing in omnichannel initiatives to increase sales, improve their market share and improve customer loyalty…. Learn More
Article in DailyDOOH
DailyDOOH has an informative summary article about the Sensory Interactive Times Square Advertising Report on its website. The article is available at
Program Features Discussion on Spheres Project
Join the DSF Board of Directors, past leadership, and industry professionals at this staple DSF event. The DSF puts on a regional event four times a year in North America for its members.
Our panel will discuss the development of digital experiences within the Amazon Spheres project. Presenters will include members of the project team:
- Ed Tang- Technology Director,Belle & Wissell, Co.
- Keith Sawka- Regional Account Manager, Whitlock
- Travis Taylor- Technical Operations Manager, Whitlock
6:00-7:00 PM Registration and Networking with appetizers and bar (2 drink tickets/person)
7:00-7:45 PM Presentation about the integration of digital media in the Amazon Spheres project
7:45-8:30 PM Networking and discussion with presenters
$15 for members, end users and integrator company attendees
$25 for non-member vendors
The DSF conducted numerous interviews with DSF Members during DSE 2019. We found this to be a great way to share with our community what our members are doing and the direction our industry is taking.
36 of the published interviews may be found on our #DSFlive page.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) for Out-Of-Home Advertising Programs for The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s airports, bridges, tunnels and transit facilities now includes two addendum since the original RFP was issued in late March. These may be seen at
http://www.panynj.gov/business-opportunities/bid-proposal-advertisements.html?tabnum=5 . Bids are due by June 27, 2019.
|1. What does your company do?|
WTIwireless (Worldwide Telecommunications, Inc. Est. in 1997) offers M2M and IoT wireless data service for Digital Signs, Kiosks, Wireless Failover and many other applications. Our plug & play 4G LTE Wireless Routers deliver dependability through all major US carriers.
|2. What’s next for your company/the industry?|| |
At WTIwireless we constantly adapt with our clients’ changing business needs and pride ourselves in developing the best solutions. With that in mind our developers are having fun to create new products and features are clients are asking for.
|3. Why did you join the DSF?|| |
WTIwireless joined DSF in order to educate DSF members about the benefits of using a wireless internet connection to increase controls over their digital displays.
|4. How may fellow DSF members reach you? Please use your primary public contact.||Please reach out to us by emailing Sales@WTIwireless.com or calling 800-475-1001.|
Success and Excellence Celebrated at DSE 2019
Las Vegas – Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, announced the winners of the 2019 APEX Awards. The announcement was made at the 15th Annual APEX Awards Ceremony on March 27 in Las Vegas. The APEX awards are judged and presented by The Digital Signage Federation.
The APEX Installation of the Year award went to Revel Media Group for their work on the Hale Centre Theatre; and the APEX Content of the Year award went to Magic Innovations for their work on the Saudi Airlines Multimedia Solutions. New for 2019, Dimensional Innovations was named Integrator of the Year for their work for the Minnesota Vikings – The Viking Museum. The three overall winners were selected from the 12 Gold award winners.
Gold,Silver and Bronze APEX Awards were presented to winners in 12 categories from a field of 112 entrants:
Corporate Environments (10 entries)
- Gold – TechTAP TELUS Vancouver Innovation Centre for TELUS Magic Doors
- Silver – StandardVision for One Culver
- Bronze – MAP Global – Musion Turkiye for Maya Holding Maya Kemer and Anatolium Marmara Retail Tower Showroom Space
Digital Out-of-Home Campaigns (3 entries)
- Gold – Vistar Media for Samsung Mobile and Starcom
- Silver – Cineplex Digital Media for Toys R Us Endless Aisle Solutions
- Bronze – Socionext for S8 8K Media Player
Educational Environments (11 entries)
- Gold – TSItouch, Inc. for Morphogenesis- Stanford Biology Building – Anderson Krygier
- Silver – Tierney Microgigantic for U of M McNamara Alumni Center Discovery Nexus Center
- Bronze – University of Illinois Alumni Alliance for Richmond Family Welcome Gallery at Alice Campbell Alumni Center
Entertainment & Recreation (13 entries)
- Gold – Dimensional Innovations for Minnesota Vikings – The Vikings Museum
- Silver – C&G Partners for “Bible Now” Reactive Media Space
- Bronze – Publicis Sapient/Second Story for The Parlors/Thomas Cole National Historic Site
Experiential Design & Planning (11 entries)
- Gold – Ideum for Exploring Pueblo Pottery
- Silver – BARTKRESA Studio for Shogyo Mujo @ Life is Beautiful
- Bronze – YCD Multimedia and Belle & Wissell, Co. for The Spheres: Immersive Visitor Experience – Amazon, Downtown Seattle Headquarters
Healthcare Environments (6 entries)
- Gold – Publicis Sapient/Second Story for Sanford Imagenetics/Sanford Health
- Silver – Dimensional Innovations for Cleveland Clinic Children’s – Interactive Lobby Experience
- Bronze – Envision Canada for Sunnybrook Foundation Digital Donor Wall
Hospitality (5 entries)
- Gold – Publicis Sapient/Second Story for Holland America Line/Explorations Central
- Silver – Magic Innovations for ROYAL WEDDING
- Bronze – Almo Professional A/V for Housing Trust Group
Public Spaces (10 entries)
- Gold – Kolo Digital Signage for Paseo Interlomas
- Silver – Westbury National for The Idea Exchange – The Digital Library, City of Cambridge
- Bronze – NEC Display Solutions of America for Rooted In Greatness
Restaurants, Bars & Foodservice (7 entries)
- Gold – Nova Media for Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park
- Silver – ProntoTV for Pink Fish
- Bronze – Userful for Tiger Nightclub
Retail Environments (22 entries)
- Gold – Publicis Sapient for T-Mobile Signature Stores/T-Mobile
- Silver – Nanonation for Ellynne Bridal
- Bronze – Shikatani Lacroix Design, Metathink Nu Skin for Nu Xtore Shenzhen
Transportation (9 entries)
- Gold – Magic Innovations for Saudi Airlines Multimedia Solutions
- Silver – MTA Arts & Design for “Skyys™” in Fulton Center
- Bronze – NanoLumens for Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Venues (5 Entries)
- Gold – Revel Media Group for Hale Centre Theatre
- Silver – Sensory Interactive for Bank of America Stadium
- Bronze – Dreambox Visual Communications, Inc. for Integrated 360 Video Mapping Show for Opening Ceremony of the Gyyanly Polymer Plant
Mark your calendar now: DSE® 2020 is scheduled for March 31-April 3rd, with access to the Exhibit Hall April 1-2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Andrea Varrone at (770) 817-5905. For more information, visit www.dse2019.com.
You can follow DSE on Twitter (@DSExpo) or Facebook (facebook.com/DSExpo). For all DSE 2020 updates, use #dse2020. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 15 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on or have been active in the digital signage sector. Judges included:
Kevin Bartanian, Founder & CEO, Kevani, Inc.
Mark Bennett, CEO, Microgigantic
Carre Bistline, Team Lead, National Vertical Sales, West, LG Electronics, USA
Phil Cohen, Chairman / CEO, CMN Holdings, Inc.
Susan Danaher, Founder, The Danaher Group
Paul Fleuranges, Director, Corporate Initiatives, NYMTA
Kym Frank, President, Geopath
Charles Freedman, Account Manager, CBCI Telecom
Luke Gibbs, Marketing Director, signageOS
Brad Gleeson, Managing Partner, TargetPath, LLC
David Keene, Executive Editor, digiDaybook
Ed King, Co-Founder Customer Experience Strategy, High Street Collective
Bob Kronman, Owner, Kronman Associates
Joe Kunigonis, Head of Digital Managed Services, Gable
Thomas Kunka, Senior Applications Specialist, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Jeff Porter, President, Porter Digital Signage
Kelly Smith, Account Executive, Capital Networks Limited
Note: Judges were exempted from jurying in their own categories or in any circumstances of any potential conflict of interest.