DSF GERI WOLFF SCHOLARSHIP
The Digital Signage Federation (DSF) established the Geri Wolff Scholarship Fund in 2014. In 2019 the DSF will award a scholarship for a young woman who is committed to an academic major in an area related to a career in the digital signage industry.
The scholarship program is administered annually by the DSF Scholarship Committee which develops the award criteria, evaluates applications, allocates funding, and determine award amount(s).
The DSF’s Geri Wolff Scholarship is designed to raise the awareness of digital signage as a career choice among qualified young women who are committed to a professional career in computer sciences and related technology, business and digital design fields. This award is also intended to help broaden employment diversity by encouraging employers to hire qualified women in a variety of IT, design, and media management capacities.Scholarship Application Donate
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled full time in an accredited college or university with a declared major in computer sciences, digital design and other digital signage related fields, committed to graduation and currently in their junior or senior year.
- Students in good standing with a minimum 3.0 cumulative overall GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and be enrolled full time at time of application. Consideration will be given to applicants with exemplary credentials and commendable work ethic.
- The award is intended to be applied solely for academic purposes and will be sent directly to the accredited U.S. or Canadian college, university or technical school where the recipient is doing his or her undergraduate work.
- Application must be accompanied by two professional letters of recommendation, a current transcript and a statement of 500 words or less explaining the value and creativity the applicant will bring to the digital signage industry. They are also required to cite a technical or digital design accomplishment that demonstrates originality and innovative thinking within their major that can translate to this sector. A personal video recording that addresses the judging committee directly is optional and recommended.
- Scholarship recipient selection(s) will be made without regard to race, age, religion, political beliefs, employment status, or any other factor which could constitute unfair or illegal discrimination.
Applications are due on or before Wednesday, February 28, 2019. Recipients will be notified in early March 2019.
DONATE TO THE SCHOLARSHIP
Donors will be recognized by name or company.Donate