APEX AWARD JUDGING
Have a keen eye for quality digital signage deployments? Want to play a key role in determining the best of the best in digital signage in 2018? Then this call is for you.
The Digital Signage Federation (DSF) is looking for members to judge the 2018 APEX Awards, which will be conferred during Digital Signage Expo (DSE) 2019 this coming March in Las Vegas. The DSE APEX Awards, presented by the Digital Signage Federation and sponsored by Peerless-AV, recognize and honor achievement in the creation and installation of compelling viewer content and interactive technology.
Since inception, the APEX Awards have honored hundreds of companies for innovative projects that have met and/or exceeded project goals while providing meaningful ROI and ROO for clients, thereby advancing the digital signage industry. A full listing of 2018 APEX Award winner project videos and case studies can be found here.
Only members in good standing will be considered for inclusion on the judging panel. Judging will take place in early 2019 after all 2019 APEX Awards submissions have been received and reviewed to ensure they meet the criteria for entry in the respective category.
Members of the judging panel will be asked to judge APEX Awards entries in twelve categories including:
- Corporate Environments – external or internal corporate communication installations, including office building lobbies
- DOOH Campaigns -the most creative, strategic and innovative campaigns in digital-out-of-home networks and media
- Educational Environments -colleges, schools and universities
- Entertainment & Recreation -amusement parks, casinos, fitness centers, golf courses, movie theaters, national/state parks, art galleries, museums, dedicated digital art installations
- Experiential Design & Planning –installations that captivate users with multiple displays and technologies that create an environment of interactivity and virtual experiences
- Healthcare Environments -hospitals, clinics, doctors’ and dentists’ offices
- Hospitality – hotels, cruise ships, motels
- Public Spaces -interior/exterior installations in multi-branded shopping or gathering places such as malls, city squares/plazas
- Restaurants, Bars and Foodservices -QSR, Fast Casual, specialty restaurants, bars & nightclubs
- Retail Environments -all retail stores including grocery and convenience stores
- Transportation -airports, subway/train stations, airplanes, rail cars, buses & bus shelters, taxis
- Venues -stadiums, arenas, amphitheaters, convention centers, performing arts centers
In addition there will be three Overall Winners:
- Installation of the Year: honors the most innovative use of hardware, software, and content as a whole.
- Content of the Year: reserved for the project deployment that best transcended its physical technology and created a meaningful experience for the audience or end user through valuable messaging and creative message delivery.
- Integrator of the Year: honors the company that had the most successful overall year, with multiple project installations that achieved goals based on the criteria of challenge, creativity and return on objectives
Projects will be judged on:
- Challenge – What was the objective of the installation? What was the size, scope or unique requirements of the deployment? What strategies were used to design the installation, and what technology was deployed to ensure a successful implementation?
- Creativity – What differentiates digital signage content is the ability to direct messaging to a specific audience for a specific purpose. Was the installation design and/or content original or imaginative? More importantly, does the visual take advantage of digital signage and meet the objective outlined in the objective statement?
- Result – Depending on the project, success may be judged by return on investment (ROI) or return on objective (ROO). To what extent did the digital signage or interactive technology deployment and/or content meet either quantitative or qualitative goals and objectives of the installation and benefit the viewer?