DSF CODE OF ETHICS
In order to provide the highest quality of service to the consumers our membership serves, the members of the Digital Signage Federation will practice the ethical standards set forth in this Code.
BUSINESS PRACTICES AND ETHICS
- Members shall strive to maintain cordial and friendly relations inside and outside the industry and engage in ethical and honorable business practices and competition.
- Members should not misstate, misrepresent or overcharge for their services and should give access of equal service to all customers.
- Contracts should be written to legally express all terms and conditions, and should be faithfully carried out according to the spirit as well as the letter of agreement.
- Recognizing the importance of content related to the practices of the membership of the DSF, we offer the following standards of practice established by the American Advertising Federation which directs that no advertising or information shown on a digital signage system designed, installed, or service by a DSF member should contain
- False or misleading statements or exaggerations, visual or verbal
- Testimonials which do not reflect the real choice of a competent witness
- Price claims which are misleading
- Comparisons which unfairly disparage a competitive product or service
- Claims insufficiently supported, or which distort the true meaning of practicable application of statements made by professional or scientific authority
- Statements, suggestions or pictures offensive to public decency
- Standards of practice reflect that content presented on digital signage should not:
- Infringe on legal rights (including copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity)
- Cause any damage or disadvantage to others
- Disturb public order
- Reflect a criminal act
- Present or distribute any third parties’ private information without obtaining approval from such third parties
- Offer digital files for access or download that contain viruses or corrupted files that may damage the operation of others’ computers
- Disgrace others
- Defame or libel others
- Present unlawful or prohibited information
- Reflect any other activities that the location provider of the digital display deems inappropriate
The adoption of this Code by the Digital Signage Federation places an obligation on all its members to show sincere and faithful performance of the rules of conduct so set down.