Digital Signage Projects and Case Studies« Back
DCBolt Productions assisted in the design, implementation, software and content development of the video system for 55 Water’s LED lobby wall installation in New York City. DCBolt continues to develop custom content that allows this canvas to evolve through vibrant illusions, ambient branding, eye candy and infotainment. The installation is visible at 55 Water Street in NYC and the lobby is open to the public for viewing 24/7.
Key project requirements
DCBolt built a custom windows-based media server to handle the approx 8K pixel space, and is using Signagelive CMS to manage 5x scheduled layouts. With over 50x assets of custom content, that range from ambient branding to perspective illusions.
DCBolt designed a multi-windowed infotainment layout for the high-traffic hours of the morning, afternoon and evening rush periods which display a variety of content feeds, including live stock tickers, transit, weather, news, sports and social media.
Challenges to overcome
The greatest challenge DCBolt faced with this project was network related. It required heavy bandwidth to dynamically pull and display multiple data feeds and content sources at the same time. Another challenge came from the custom stock ticker. as to date, there has not been a stock ticker produced at such a high resolution. The requirement was a custom program that integrated high-resolution logo assets and variable speed adjustments to account for the size and resolution of the canvas.
This short video shows how the content is displayed at 55 Water NYC:
The digital signage network
- (2x) 20’x8’ Christie Digital LED screens in main lobby at 55 Water Street NYC
- Total Resolution = 6400 x 1260 pixels
- Crestron Control system, RGB Spectrum Multi-Window processor, live input capability & 24/7 operation
- Custom built media server for signage content – running Signagelive software
- Over 12 hours of custom content built specifically to raster graphics
- Continued ongoing content development, management and scheduling provided by DCBolt
- Live Social Media Aggregation
- Animated Weather Graphics
- Live Financial Market Feeds
- Custom Financial Market Ticker
- US News Stories
- World News Stories
- Sports News Stories
- Entertainment News Stories
- Live Traffic Updates
- Live Transit Feeds inc. trains, buses, ferries, uber, Lyft, citi bike
Thanks to Signagelive’s built-in features, flexibility and cloud-based management tools, the development of this system was much simpler and straight forward than other CMS alternatives.
Devin Wambolt, Founder and CEO, DCBolt
Signagelive is the ideal CMS solution for the 55 Water lobby installation not only because it’s the most cost-effective CMS on the market but it also includes all the bells and whistles necessary to control, schedule and customise this unique canvas however, whenever and from wherever we want.
Jason Cremins, CEO, Signagelive
DCBolt Productions continue to deliver prestige high impact Signagelive solutions that show the power and adaptability of our digital signage platform. The 55 Water project delivers the first 8K solution powered by Signagelive representing another milestone in the growth of our business and partnership with DCBolt Productions.