FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 27, 2019
DSE to Host the APEX Awards Ceremony March 27
Atlanta – Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, today announced 36 finalists for the 15th annual APEX Awards.
The 2019 APEX Awards, presented by the Digital Signage Federation, are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content. For well over a decade the APEX Awards have honored hundreds of companies around the world for their innovation.
This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 15 industry experts and journalists from a field of 112 entrants from 13 countries vying in 12 major digital signage categories.
The list of finalists and images of the entries can be found here.
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards Ceremony sponsored by Gable, Peerless-AV and Samsung, Wednesday on March 27, from 5 to 7 p.m., staged at the Pavilion Ballroom at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. DSE will also present the APEX Installation of the Year, Content of the Year and Integrator of the Year Awards to three of the Gold winners.
The Digital Signage Federation’s 2019 APEX Award Finalists are:
Corporate Environments (10 entries)
- Maya Holding Maya Kemer and Anatolium Marmara Retail Tower Showroom Space nominated by MAP Global – Musion Turkiye
- One Culver nominated by StandardVision
- TELUS Magic Doors nominated by TechTAP TELUS Vancouver Innovation Centre
Digital Out-of-Home Campaigns (3 entries)
- Samsung Mobile and Starcom nominated by Vistar Media
- S8 8K Media Player nominated by Socionext
- Toys R Us Endless Aisle Solutions nominated by Cineplex Digital Media
Educational Environments (11 entries)
- Morphogenesis- Stanford Biology Building – Anderson Krygier nominated by TSItouch, Inc.
- Richmond Family Welcome Gallery at Alice Campbell Alumni Center nominated by University of Illinois Alumni Alliance
- U of M McNamara Alumni Center Discovery Nexus Center nominated by Tierney Microgigantic
Entertainment & Recreation (13 entries)
- “Bible Now” Reactive Media Space nominated by C&G Partners
- Minnesota Vikings – The Vikings Museum nominated by Dimensional Innovations
- The Parlors/Thomas Cole National Historic Site nominated by Publicis Sapient/Second Story
Experiential Design & Planning (11 entries)
- Exploring Pueblo Pottery nominated by Ideum
- Shogyo Mujo @ Life is Beautiful nominated by BARTKRESA Studio
- The Spheres: Immersive Visitor Experience – Amazon, Downtown Seattle Headquarters nominated by YCD Multimedia and Belle & Wissell, Co.
Healthcare Environments (6 entries)
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s – Interactive Lobby Experience nominated by Dimensional Innovations
- Sanford Imagenetics/Sanford Health nominated by Publicis Sapient/Second Story
- Sunnybrook Foundation Digital Donor Wall nominated by Envision Canada
Hospitality (5 entries)
- Holland America Line/Explorations Central nominated by Publicis Sapient/Second Story
- Housing Trust Group nominated by Almo Professional A/V
- ROYAL WEDDING nominated by Magic Innovations
Public Spaces (10 entries)
- Paseo Interlomas nominated by Kolo Digital Signage
- Rooted In Greatness nominated by NEC Display Solutions of America
- The Idea Exchange – The Digital Library, City of Cambridge nominated by Westbury National
Restaurants, Bars & Foodservice (7 entries)
- Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park nominated by Nova Media
- Pink Fish nominated by ProntoTV
- Tiger Nightclub nominated by Userful
Retail Environments (22 entries)
- Ellynne Bridal nominated by Nanonation
- Nu Xtore Shenzhen nominated by Shikatani Lacroix Design, Metathink Nu Skin
- T-Mobile Signature Stores/T-Mobile nominated by Publicis Sapient
Transportation (9 entries)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport nominated by NanoLumens
- Saudi Airlines Multimedia Solutions nominated by Magic Innovations
- “Skyys™” in Fulton Center nominated by MTA Arts & Design
Venues (5 Entries)
- Bank of America Stadium, nominated Sensory Interactive
- Hale Centre Theatre nominated by Revel Media Group
- Integrated 360 Video Mapping Show for Opening Ceremony of the Gyyanly Polymer Plant nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications, Inc.
Mark your calendar now: DSE® 2019 is scheduled for March 26-29, 2019, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 27-28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Andrea Varrone at (770) 817-5905. For more information, visit www.dse2019.com.
You can follow DSE on Twitter (@DSExpo) or Facebook (facebook.com/DSExpo). For all DSE 2019 updates, use #dse2019. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 15 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on or have been active in the digital signage sector. Judges included:
- Kevin Bartanian, Founder & CEO, Kevani, Inc.
- Mark Bennett, CEO, Microgigantic
- Carre Bistline, Team Lead, National Vertical Sales, West, LG Electronics, USA
- Phil Cohen, Chairman / CEO, CMN Holdings, Inc.
- Susan Danaher, Founder, The Danaher Group
- Paul Fleuranges, Director, Corporate Initiatives, NYMTA
- Kym Frank, President, Geopath
- Charles Freedman, Account Manager, CBCI Telecom
- Luke Gibbs, Marketing Director, signageOS
- Brad Gleeson, Managing Partner, TargetPath, LLC
- David Keene, Executive Editor, digiDaybook
- Ed King, Co-Founder Customer Experience Strategy, High Street Collective
- Bob Kronman, Owner, Kronman Associates
- Joe Kunigonis, Head of Digital Managed Services, Gable
- Thomas Kunka, Senior Applications Specialist, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jeff Porter, President, Porter Digital Signage
- Kelly Smith, Account Executive, Capital Networks Limited
Judges were exempted from jurying in their own categories or in circumstances of any potential conflict of interest.
For more information, contact Communications Representative
Geri D. Wolff, Market Works International, Inc. (386) 447-0018