The Digital Signage Federation announced at the Digital Signage Expo that it has established Digital Signage Federation Global Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Council, an affiliate organization with a worldwide purview specifically to support the needs of companies involved in the intersection between out-of-home advertising and the digital signage industry.
“It’s an exciting time to work in out of home, given the proliferation of digital signage options and contextual executions occurring within the channel,” said Kinetic’s North American CEO David Krupp. “As WPP’s agency dedicated to connecting audiences on the move, Kinetic is constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation in order to tell relevant stories to these moving audiences by tapping into the location-based power of DOOH. We’re thrilled to join the inaugural DSF Ad Council as our industry expands its prominence in the media eco-system.”
David Krupp, CEO | Kinetic North America
The primary objective of the DSF Global Digital Out-of-Home Council is to provide a resource for DSF members to build their capacity to support out-of-home advertising companies, agencies, and brands. Much of this capacity will be developed through conformity of analytics, ad buying, and technology deployment. In 2017, it is expected that the diverse 15-person leadership will develop a plan, which may include, but will not be limited to:
- Identifying gaps in the commercial relations between out of home advertisers and digital signage networks and plan for ways to bridge these gaps using the platform of the DSF
- Adoption of existing industry standards and practices, all of which will be communicated to DSF members
- Creating professional development resources for the digital signage industry to provide a broad understanding of ad buying practices
- Working with related industry associations to collaborate on aligning the goals of signage technology and out of home advertisers
- Creating an environment where qualified digital signage suppliers and networks can support the business interests of advertisers.
Mr. Richard Ventura, Vice President Business Development and Solutions for NEC Display Solutions of Americas, and DSF Chairman said of the new council “With our growing network in Europe and elsewhere, the DSF and our affiliates believe this is the right time to support the needs of companies involved in the intersection between out-of-home advertising and the digital signage industry. With the backing of the DSF, DSF Europe, and our partners we have the capacity to address the agenda of the newly appointed leadership of the DSF Global Digital Out-of-Home Council.”
The newly appointed council leadership continues to develop. European appointments will be made by London Digital Signage Week, May 8-12, 2017.
Representatives currently appointed to the council include:
- David Krupp CEO | Kinetic North America
- Kym Frank President & CEO | Geopath
- Matthew Hurwitz Manager, International Creative Advertising | Sony Pictures
- Susan Danaher Head of Advertising Sales & Marketing | TouchTunes Interactive Networks
- Michael Provenzano Founder & CEO | Vistar Media
- Michael Cooper Global CEO & President | Rapport Worldwide
- Sheldon Silverman CEO and Founder | SmartBomb Media Group
- Jeffrey Martin President & CEO | Right Media Solutions