ARTICLES AND WHITEPAPERS« Back
For most digital signage buyers, keeping costs down is a top priority. Arguably, getting the right support for a digital signage installation, is a higher priority. With jobs, yours included, potentially riding on the success of your digital signage installation, here’s why the right support matters more than you think…
When you invest in digital signage, you’re not only investing in screens, media players and software, you’re investing in the expertise and support of your digital signage vendor.
High-spec technologies and increasing demand for digital signage installations in evermore challenging locations, mean that getting a digital signage network up and running is seldom a do-it-yourself project…
What does the right support look like?
…With that in mind, there’s an increasing expectation among digital signage buyers that vendors will not only identify the right solution for their needs, but they will provide an installation and long-term support service.
To ensure that you’re getting the right support for your digital signage installation, use this checklist for guidance on what to look for from an ideal vendor:
- The vendor has been in business for a good number of years… A key indicator that a digital signage vendor can provide the support you need, is the length of time they’ve been in the digital signage industry. If the vendor has staying power in a hugely competitive market, it’s a sign that they provide solid customer support.
- The vendor has an extensive customer list and case studies… A vendor with a good mix of customers (big brand names and smaller enterprises), is an indicator that they can provide support for any project, showing their versatility. Meanwhile, case studies showcase their work and evidence of the support they provide.
- The vendor finds a solution to fit customer needs, rather than a solution that generates more revenue for them… A vendor that has a track record of successful installations, shows that they support customers by delivering a solution that fits the project rather than their profits.
- The vendor advises on user-friendly hardware… Installing a digital signage network you don’t know how to operate leaves you at a loose end. Vendors who advise user-friendly screens, media players and software, indicates that they have long-term usability in mind.
- The vendor offers an installation service… For a professional fit and finish, a digital signage vendor that offers an installation service saves you time and money, reducing the risk of accidental damage or a poor installation that affects usability and functionality.
- The vendor meets deadlines… A digital signage vendor that meets deadlines consistently, shows that they’re committed to helping customers deliver projects on time, and working with them to create a realistic timeline.
- The vendor provides training… Once installed, the digital signage vendor provides full training on how to configure and operate the hardware and software installed. This is a sign that the vendor is committed to supporting customers with using technology they’re unfamiliar with.
- The vendor provides guarantees and warranties… A vendor that offers long-term warranties and guarantees, shows that they are committed to supporting customers if something goes wrong.
- The vendor provides ongoing, after-sales support… A vendor that provides ongoing, after-sales support, highlights that they’re committed to supporting customers long-term. The hallmark of a reliable digital signage vendor is the number of loyal customers they have, which highlights that they have a strong support service
Digital signage vendors who meet these criteria are setting the benchmark for customer support and service. Vendors of this calibre tend to make digital signage installations, seamless, offering a consultative service that keeps you in the loop and ensuring that you get the help you need before, during and after installation.
Article provided by Daniel Waldron for Armagard.
Armagard is a market leader in the design and manufacture of innovative environmental enclosures for outdoor digital signage hardware. With more than 25 years of experience, we work with some of the largest manufacturers and retailers in the world.
Armagard’s experienced team of design engineers and product specialists deliver stand out service, helping you to find a digital signage solution that is right for your application – giving you peace of mind before you purchase.